Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Monday, August 28, 2023

Kara's Book Cravings: Camp Murderface -- Doom in the Deep

 


If you want to go read my thoughts on the first book, Camp Murderface, you can go HERE to do so. Go ahead... I'll wait...

All set? Good!

So, Camp Murderface: Doom in the Deep is the second book in this series. I think it's the last one, too, which is kind of sad because I'm really invested in these characters now!


This story picks up almost immediately after the first one ends, and we're once again alternating points-of-view between Corryn and Tez. I thought a lot happened in the first book, but this one... whoa! So much stuff happens, and it's all very chaotic in a very good way. There are missing counselors, snake-people, a creepy lake that's trying to kill the campers... Like I said, so much going on. 

I enjoyed this book a lot more than the first one, which is rare for me. Maybe because I knew the characters better or the setting and relationships were already established. Either way, I devoured this book in a matter of two days -- oh and this one is longer than first, too, coming in at over 400 pages! 

There was a twist at the end that I really didn't see coming, and I *almost* stopped reading because I was mad, but thankfully, another twist came out of nowhere and then I was happy again. 


Have you ever read a sequel that you thought was better than the first book? 

No comments:

Post a Comment