Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

RELEASE DAY: Eternal Choice (The Cursed Series, Book 2)

 

Eternal Choice is LIVE!!



Writing the second book in this series wasn't exactly the easiest feat. I had to pick up a lot of threads from the first book while adding new ones, working with both established and new characters, and building on a story I'd already created. There was a lot to keep track of, but in the end, I came out with a story I was proud of, and so far, reviewers are enjoying it, too! In fact, a few have said this book is better than the first!! 


I truly hope y'all will love Trent, Chloe, Jax, and the entire Cursed Series cast of character as much as I do. Here are some more of the characters we meet in book 2... 








Here's everything you need to know about Eternal Choice and where to get your copy: 



Book Title:
 Eternal Choice (The Cursed Series, Book 2)

Author: Kara Leigh Miller

Genre: Young Adult paranormal romance 

Content Warnings: Mild violence / heavy kissing

Word / Page Count: 115,000 words / 345 ebook pages / 423 print book pages

Publisher: FireChicken Press, LLC 

ASIN:  B08FRMLBV5

Print ISBN: 9781735433615

Release Date: October 20, 2020

Blurb: Forced to move to California with her father, the same man who abandoned her ten years ago, Chloe is once again starting over. Only this time, she has a perky new stepmom and an annoying baby brother. To make matters worse, the sea of snobby rich kids at her new prep school pretend she's invisible. As if all that wasn’t bad enough, she has this gnawing sensation that she’s forgetting something important.

And then Trent Halstead crashes back into her life, bringing with him everything she's forgotten and the devastating news that there’s a coven of witches after her, and no one knows why—until Chloe discovers the answer in a box of old family photos. Now, she's keeping a secret that could save Trent's life. There’s just one problem: his salvation will come at a cost. Her destruction. And that’s a price she’s not sure she’s willing to pay.


Digital Buy Links: Amazon 

Print Buy Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble 

Add to Goodreads

Read Chapter One for FREE!


EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT: 

His tongue swirled around mine, twisting and teasing, and it felt like he was trying to coax something out of me. I wasn’t sure what else he wanted from me, but I knew, instinctively, that I’d give it to him, whatever he wanted. I pressed even closer, moaning softly.

And then it happened.

An onslaught of emotion flooded my mind, overloading my senses. Love. Lust. Fear. Grief. Loneliness. Desire. Jealousy. I whimpered, but Trent didn’t release me. He deepened the kiss, pouring even more emotion into me, quickly followed by flashes of memories. Memories of me. Of him. Of us.

Me at my locker in Keene Valley. Punching Trent’s face. First shock, then amusement as he looked at me. Attraction. Curiosity. He wanted to get to know me.

Me on the side of the road, looking at the waterfall. Nervous energy and relief. More attraction. Pure joy. Desperation to spend more time with me, so he offered to show me the waterfall.

Me cowering in the hallway, scared and shaking. Trent’s immediate concern for my well-being. His awe at my offer to take detention so he wouldn’t have to. Him showing up and sitting beside me. He spent the entire time wondering why I was so kind to him, a stranger.

Trent flattened his hands on my back, holding me still as he continued to kiss me. The memories played out in my mind like a movie. I had no idea what I was seeing, if these were truly my memories or if they were nothing more than a twisted trick of the mind.

But as overwhelming as it was, I couldn’t stop. I needed to know how we ended up here, how I could have possibly forgotten so much of my life in Keene Valley, how I could have forgotten him. I was finally getting the answers I needed, and I couldn’t stop now. I threaded my fingers through his hair and kissed him deeper.

Skipping school and going to the falls. Eating lunch at his house. We sat on the couch, both of us pretending to be interested in research for a school project, but all he wanted to do was kiss me. I wanted to kiss him, too. We took a picture together—a picture he later stuck in my locker. Cute notes written on Post-its, and his concern for me thinking he was silly.

Rachel Wellington’s funeral. Trent’s face twisted into something nightmarish. Fangs. Him biting into Abby’s neck and drinking her blood. His confession: “I’m a vampire.”

Gasping, I jerked away from him, eyes wide. My mouth, numb from his kiss, tingled, and I absently ran my tongue over my bottom lip.

“What was that?” My heart was out of control, its thunderous beat drowning out the loud music and the sounds of the party. My chest heaved with hard, heavy breaths.

“Chloe?”

The sound of him saying my name like that, smooth as silk and self-assured, was like a switch in my brain. The rest of my forgotten memories flooded over me like a tidal wave—Trent’s deepest secret, the curse, getting kidnapped by Isach, being tortured by Hannah, Trent rescuing me, him telling me I was his soulmate and that he wanted to claim me…

I remembered everything. I knew Trent; he wasn’t just some sexy, mysterious stranger I’d encountered. He came here for me because he loved me. Because I loved him.

And I knew Jaxon, too.

All the weird instances of déjà vu, Jaxon admitting I knew him and Trent… some part of me had believed it was all just a lie, that they were playing some kind of joke on me, because how could I have forgotten so much. But now I knew the truth. I cupped my hand over my mouth to stifle my cry, but I was powerless against the tears pooling in my eyes. And then I smacked him hard on the chest. It didn’t faze him, though it made my hand sting.

“You erased my memories!” I hissed.


Digital Buy Links: Amazon 

Print Buy Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble 

Add to Goodreads

Read Chapter One for FREE!


No comments:

Post a Comment