Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Kara's Book Cravings: Judgment Road

 


Confession time: I've never read a Christine Feehan book. Until now. I'd found one of her books at a used book sale, and I'm a fan of motorcycle club romances (MC), and so I snagged it. I then went to my local Barnes & Noble, and online to Amazon, to collect the rest of the series. I finally cracked them open. 


Judgment Road by Christine Feehan is the first book in the Torpedo Ink series. Torpedo Ink is a motorcycle club that was formed more out of necessity than anything else. The members were all former captives in Russian school / prison that trained them to be assassins. They survived that awful experience by sticking together as kids, and when they grew up and escaped, they knew they needed to stay together. 

The theme of family in this is very strong, as it is with most of the books in this genre, but I've never read one that had it as strong as this book did. For the record, I'm not saying that's a bad thing! I actually really liked this aspect of the story. 

This is the story of Reaper, the club's enforcer, and the bartender who works for Torpedo Ink. The atrocities they endured as kids has stuck with them, and so Reaper is very flawed. He has a hard time with intimacy, and so there's a lot of conflict between him and the heroine. 

Throughout the story, we get bits and pieces of what their childhood was like, and let me tell you -- this is not for the faint of heart. The backstory is dark and horrific. Overall, though, this was a very strong start to a new series, and I'm definitely hooked! 


Anyone else read this series? 

Are you a fan of MC romance? 

What other books by Christine Feehan would you recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment