Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Monday, October 16, 2023

Kara's Book Cravings: Darkness on the Edge of Town

 


Continuing my read of the Stranger Things novels, I moved on to Darkness on the Edge of Town by Adam Christopher. Hopper is my favorite character in the show, so I was thrilled to have a book all about him. I'll admit, I didn't read the back cover description before buying this book, so I wasn't fully prepared for this book. 


Told mostly from Hopper's POV, he's having an evening at home with Eleven, who is now his adopted daughter. She's asking questions about him and his decision to become a cop, specifically when he lived in New York City. He dives into a story about a case he worked and a new partner he was assigned.

I'm a fan of crime thrillers, though I  read them sparingly, so having that story told within this one was really cool. I enjoyed following the clues and trying to figure out what was going on. The case he worked was dark and involved a cult--which is another fascination of mine. 

Both Hopper's and Eleven's voices were spot-on and followed the characterizations built in the show. Their interactions made me smile, and I really love their relationship. Funny enough -- before I started watching the show, I'd catch snippets of it while my daughters watched, and my first impression of Hopper wasn't great. I thought he was a total creep. But now that I'm more immersed in the world, he's my favorite. 


Are you a fan of Stranger Things? 

Who is your favorite character?

No comments:

Post a Comment