Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

{Teaser Tuesday}: Eternal Promise

A promise of eternity ends in disaster...


“I didn’t even hear you come in,” I said, wiping my tears. “How long have you been there?”

“Long enough,” he said, his voice deep and raw.

“What do you still need to ask me?” I asked, my voice shaky. The letter was clutched tightly in my hand, the paper crinkling in my fist.

A hint of a smile ghosted across his face, then disappeared. “The one thing I’ve never actually asked you before. I’ve begged, pleaded… hell, I even yelled at you about it once.” He shook his head and dragged his hand through his hair. “But I’ve never actually asked you. Not like I should have.”

I stared at him, my emotions too much of a jumbled mess to comprehend what he was trying to tell me, so I stood there silently, tears still trickling down my face.

He gently took my face into his hands, his thumbs stroking the tears off my cheeks. “I know all of this probably seems dramatic and unnecessary, but it’s important that I do this the right way.”

Ever so slowly, his lips brushed across mine. My mouth parted on a contented sigh, and my eyes fluttered closed. I leaned into his embrace, but he only grazed my lips again. Then once more.

“Will you change for me, Chloe? Will you become a vampire and spend eternity with me?” he whispered.

“Yes,” I said. And there was no hesitation. No fear. No weakness. Not this time.



ETERNAL PROMISE: The Cursed Series, Book 5

Coming January 12, 2021

PRE-ORDER NOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment