Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Friday, January 12, 2024

Kara's Book Cravings: Prom House



My girls love to shop at 5 Below, and so I'm often dragged along for the ride (and the money). LOL. It's always fun to look around, and naturally, I always stop at the their book table. Imagine my surprise when I found a selection of YA thrillers! I just had to grab them--I think I got 3 in total--and this was the first one...


PROM HOUSE by Chelsea Mueller is a classic teen slasher.  A group of friends rent a beach house for a weekend after-prom party. One by one, the friends end up dead. And to make matters worse, a hurricane hits, and so everyone is trapped inside the house. They soon realize that one of them is a killer, and they begin to turn on each other. 

This book reminded quite a bit of SCREAM, the movie, which is one of my all time favorites. The plot, while simple, kept me on the edge of my seat. I didn't figure out who the killer was until almost the very end. 

Overall, this was a quick read, and I could easily picture this as a movie in my head. The only thing I didn't like was the last couple of pages felt like the author was giving me a lesson and it felt a little "preachy." But it didn't affect my enjoyment of the book as a whole. I highly recommend this for anyone who likes slasher flicks / books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment