Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Monday, October 30, 2023

Kara's Book Cravings: The Sorority Murder

 


I love going to used book sales because I get to browse books that are often older, sometimes out of print, and the prices are cheap. That means I get to try out new-to-me authors that I might not otherwise take a chance on. 

I found this book at a used book sale. The title and blurb intrigued me, so I figured... why not?

The Sorority Murder by Allison Brennan is an adult murder mystery with a twist. One of the main characters is a college student who is hosting a podcast to dig into a cold case about a sorority girl who'd died three years prior. This podcast opens a whole can of worms that causes a lot of twists and turns. There are secrets upon secrets and no one is safe from suspicion. 

This is a fast-paced book that kept me hooked from start to finish. I wasn't able to even guess who was the killer until the very end, which was fantastic! 

There were a lot of point-of-views encompassed in this book, which would normally bug me, but in this story, it worked really well. I liked getting perspectives from different angles, and I think that helped make it harder to figure out the mystery. 

Overall, this was an enjoyable book, and my first by this author. But I really liked her writing style, and so I'll definitely be grabbing more of her books. 


Anyone else read this one? Or any others by this author?

1 comment:

  1. I’ve read a lot of Alison Brennan’s earlier books with FBI heroines but I haven’t read this one. She’s famous for saying in writing courses that she didn’t watch tv for four years because she wrote at night after working full-time in her state House of Representatives, I think it was - she might have been a lawyer, I can’t remember. It took her four years to get an agent and make a sale.

    ReplyDelete