Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Kara's Book Cravings: Room Service


 


Continuing with my binge read of Maren Stoffels backlist, after finishing her last book, I jumped right into ROOM SERVICE


This is another teen thriller, and yet another book that's contained within an enclosed setting. This time it's a hotel where the characters are celebrating a friend's birthday. 

The mystery in this book starts right from the first page with the main characters referencing something that happened a year ago, a friend getting injured or killed (it's not super clear, which I'm sure is the point, but the guilt they carry hints at something nefarious. 

There's one character in here that drove me crazy, and not in a good way. She was very annoying in a "why doesn't anyone like me" whiney sort of way. The overall mystery and thriller aspects, though, outweigh this one bad character. 

Like the rest of her books, this one ended with quite a twist! I really didn't see this one coming, which is always great, but I personally would've liked a tad more hints leading up to the big reveal. Overall, I enjoyed this book a bit more than the others, and it's a great addition to anyone who loves thrillers like I do. 


Have you read this book? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment