Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Monday, August 12, 2024

Kara's Book Cravings: Fright Night


 

This is the final Maren Stoffels book I have, and as far as I can tell, I've now read her entire catalog. I'm a little sad about that, but I'll be on the lookout for any new books she publishes. 

So, FRIGHT NIGHT is my absolutely favorite Maren Stoffels book. Another YA thriller, this one takes place in the woods during an event known as fright night. It's an event teens pay to attend that's part haunted trail and part Fear Factor. Each team has to walk through the woods at night, without the aid of any cell phones, and each member of the team has to face their greatest fears. 

Of course, as the story progresses, the fears get more intense, and then things really go horribly wrong. The bad guys show up and wreak havoc. 

This book does have some darker content that ties into everything at the end, but I can't say what because it really will spoil the twist ending. I will say that it dives a bit into child abuse, so fair warning about that. It's not graphic though, but it's very clear what's happening.  As uncomfortable as that topic is, it works very well within the context of this story and how it forms the basis for certain characters actions and motivations. 


Have you read this one yet? 

Do you know of any other books with a similar setting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment