Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Monday, August 5, 2024

Kara's Book Cravings: Escape Room


 

After my daughter gave me one of this author's books, I've been on a binge, reading everything she's published so far. Yes, I realize I'm reading "out of order" in terms of publishing dates, but all of these books are standalone stories that don't need to be read in order. They're also short and quick, which I like in between heavier books and series. 


Recently, I just finished ESCAPE ROOM by Maren Stoffels. This is another YA thriller, and is the author's second book involving an escape room, and while I really enjoyed it, I thought the other one I'd read (No Escape) was much better. That could be because the author has grown as a writer since then, or because I was able to easily see what the twist was in this book. Either way, I still loved the secluded setting, the fear of not being able to get out, the lies and secrets. And I really am a big fan of the author's writing style. I thought the ending of this one was a lot clearer, which made it a more satisfying read. I have two more of her books to read, and I'm excited for them. 


Have you read this book? What did you think? Do you have any good recommendations for books with secluded settings?

No comments:

Post a Comment