Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Kara's Book Cravings: Landry Park



I found LANDRY PARK by Bethany Hagen at a local book sale. The cover intrigued me, and so did the blurb. Figured it couldn't hurt to check it out. I mean, second-hand sales like this are how I often find new-to-me authors and books. I can't count how many times I've found one book in a series, loved it, and then went on to buy the others. 


This is a YA dystopian romance story about a young girl who is essentially royalty. And then she slowly -- and very reluctantly -- begins to learn the truth of her lifestyle, how she has what she does because others suffer and die for it. Like so many other YA books in this genre, war and rebellion are brewing. Our heroine gets sucked into it and now must choose between her family and lifestyle or doing the right thing for those less fortunate. 

The writing style is easy and engaging. There are lots of secrets and deception, along with some twists I hadn't expected. Oh, and the hint of a love triangle, which is so my thing! 

While the end is decent and isn't a cliffhanger, it does hint at a second book. Sure enough, when I looked this up on Amazon, there is a second book available. I haven't yet decided if I'm invested enough to buy it. I mean, sure, I'm curious about what happens next, but I'm not so entrenched that I need to know right now. Maybe someday I'll come back around to this series, but for now, I'm moving on to other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment