Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Monday, July 1, 2024

Kara's Book Cravings: The Four Horsemen Series


 


THE FOUR HORSEMAN SERIES by Laura Thalassa is a very adult book series that features each of the four horseman -- Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death -- as they come to destroy the world. In each book, a sole woman falls victim to the horseman when she tries to stop him. Throughout the journey, the horseman finds humanity and love. 


This type of series isn't my go-to genre by any means, but I kept seeing these books on the shelves at Target every time I was there (which is a lot!), and I kept going back and forth. I love the covers, and I'm a sucker for anything that's end of the world or dystopian. I figured, what the hell? 

And I am sooooo glad I bought these books. Yes, they are dark in certain parts. I mean, it's the end of the world. I didn't expect anything less. What I wasn't expecting, though, was the humor and the heat! Both were an extremely pleasant surprise. My favorite of the series is hands-down PESTILENCE with DEATH being a close second. The others are great, too, but the first and last really stood out to me. 

I really enjoy the author's writing style, too, and so I've since bought two more of her series, and I'll be diving into those soon. So, if you're a fan of heat and humor and stories that are a little out there, then you're going to want to pick up this series. I recommend it to everyone now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment