Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Monday, July 8, 2024

Kara's Book Cravings: Atomic Habits



I'm generally not a self-help book type of person. Writing and craft books? Yup! True crime? Sign me up! But self-improvement books? Not so much... But my daughter read ATOMIC HABITS by James Clear, and she really liked it. She borderline harassed me until I agreed to read it, too, and because I want to encourage her to read more, I agreed. 


I have to give my daughter props -- this book was really good! It was very clear and straightforward and had some really actionable steps you can take to create better habits while breaking bad ones. 

I really enjoyed the examples the author provided, too. As someone who often struggles to balance work, life, and my health, the tips given in this book have been invaluable. He talks quite a bit about implementing these tips for creating good exercise and eating habits. As an author himself, he discusses the habits around writing goals, too, which I found refreshing. 

Everything he discusses in this book is really very doable. They are small steps that build into something life changing. And it's not just the "do this" attitude, either. He speaks so much about your mindset and how that can impact your daily habits, for bad or good. 

As soon as I finished the book, I signed up for his newsletter and his free email course that gives a lot more information and even worksheets to help implement the strategies he talks about. 

If you're looking for a book to help you shift your mindset about life and attaining your goals, and you want something that will actually work, I highly suggest this book. It changed my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment