Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Monday, January 15, 2024

Kara's Book Cravings: The Game


 

This was yet another 5 Below find, and I read this is a matter of a day or two. Books like this are great to read in between longer series, and thankfully, I have a lot of books like this one.


THE GAME by Linsey Miller is a teen thriller. This book was very reminiscent of PANIC by Lauren Oliver, which I absolutely loved. The show on Amazon Prime was pretty great, too. Naturally, I was eager to dive into THE GAME. 

Every year, seniors play a game in which they have to "assassinate" their fellow classmates with a water gun. It's supposed to be very hush-hush, and there are some very strict rules that, if broken, will result in being disqualified. 

Our heroine has been waiting and planning for her turn to play this game for years, and she is prepared! But then someone starts actually killing the players, and she's being framed. 

The author did a great job making me guess who the killer really was, and the motives behind the killings was well thought out, too. And sadly, it's something that I'm sure a lot of teens feel. 

Overall, this was a good read and a nice break from the romantasy I've been reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment