Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Monday, October 23, 2023

Kara's Book Cravings: Vengeance Road

 


After finishing the first book, I jumped right into the second book in the Torpedo Ink Series. 


Vengeance Road by Christine Feehan is the story of Steele, the club's vice president, and Breezy, his former woman who got away. Breezy comes back into his life unexpectedly because their son (who Steele has no knowledge of) has been kidnapped by the biker gang Breezy used to belong to (her father's club). That club is downright terrible, dealing in human trafficking and downright brutal treatment of women in general. Breezy got out of that club and life and her father kidnapped her son as a way to get her back / get vengeance. 

Naturally, Steele is ready to reclaim Breezy as his woman, and he, along with the rest of Torpedo Ink, ride to rescue their son. Once again, we get more of the members' backstory from their time in the Russian school. I knew going into this one that there were darker elements, but I was not prepared for Steele's story and what he endured as a child. The imagery--while wonderfully written--is disturbing, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. 

Also, I found this book to be a tad too similar to the first in the language and descriptions and how the hero and heroine speak to each other. The hero in both books call the heroine babe or baby while the heroine calls the hero honey. Now, I realize that these are all very common terms of endearment, but with such a rich story and strong characters, I guess I expected each couple to be a little different in how they interact with one another. So, that was a little disappointing. 

This is a very long series, and I'm sure the rest of the books will be good, too, and I do plan to read them. Though I'll probably space it out a bit and read other books in between just so I don't feel like I'm reading the same story back to back. 


Has anyone else ever read a book or series where the similarities were too much? Where you felt like the characters' actions and dialogue were interchangeable? 

No comments:

Post a Comment