Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Kara's Book Cravings: Paranormal State

 



As I've mentioned before, I typically stick to YA when I read for personal enjoyment, but lately, I've been branching out of my comfort zone -- which has worked wonderfully to get out my recent reading slump. Instead of YA, I've been sticking to quite a bit of non-fiction, mostly travel books, haunted places, paranormal investigating, and writing craft books. 


While out at a local thrift store, I'd found this book: Paranormal State by Ryan Buell.


I need to take a moment here to clarify that I don't know this guy, nor have I ever watched an episode of this show, but the back cover blurb piqued my interest, and as a lover of all things spooky, I figured... why not? I'm glad I took a chance on this one.


Not only did we get to see what types of paranormal investigations he and his team worked on, we got a neat, behind-the-scenes look at how the show was made. Also, there were sections that went into more depth on some of the terms used throughout and what various types of paranormal hauntings there are in the world. Surprisingly, this also had an element of faith in it, especially when dealing with clients and families who had strong faith themselves and when dealing with demonic entities. 


Overall, while somewhat dense in content, the book was a quick read. I think I got through it in a day, maybe a day and a half. And now I'm interested in looking up the show and watching a few episodes. 


Anyone else read this book or watched the show? What did you think? Are you a believer in the paranormal?

No comments:

Post a Comment