Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

{TEASER TUESDAY}: Eternal Curse -- 6 weeks until release!




Only 6 weeks to go before ETERNAL CURSE is out in the world! Know what that means? 

It's time for another #TeaserTuesday! 


Today, I'm going to share some of the music that inspired not just Eternal Curse, but the entire series. 

I usually don't make playlists for books I'm writing as I tend to prefer quiet, but I've found with this series, I have a hard time writing without music. It's much easier to turn on my playlist, put in earbuds and ignore the world around me, especially lately with the quarantine and everyone being home all the time. 

Originally, this playlist was exactly one hour long, which made it great for a single writing session, but as the series progressed, I added more songs to it, and now it's 1 hour and 45 minutes long. You can listen to the entire playlist HERE!

For those that don't want to listen, here's a complete list of songs and artists:
  • Ask Me How I Know by Garth Brooks
  • Craving You by Thomas Rhett, featuring Maren Morris
  • Truce by Twenty One Pilots
  • Believer by Imagine Dragons
  • Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
  • Screen by Twenty One Pilots
  • When They Call My Name by Black Veil Brides
  • In The End by Black Veil Brides
  • Wake Up by Black Veil Brides
  • Vultures by Asking Alexandria
  • Faithless by Black Veil Brides
  • We Don't Have to Dance by Andy Black
  • Paint It Black by Andy Black
  • Ribcage by Andy Black
  • Stay Alive by Andy Black featuring Matt Skiba
  • Love Was Made to Break by Andy Black
  • Girl Like You by Jason Aldean
  • Lose My Mind by Brett Eldredge 
  • Seein' Red by Dustin Lynch
  • Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield
  • Level of Concern by Twenty One Pilots
  • Don't Let Me Go by Raign
  • My Blood by Twenty One Pilots
  • Natural by Imagine Dragons
  • When It's All Over by Raign
  • I Hope by Gabby Barrett
  • The Other Side by Ruelle
  • Monsters by Ruelle
  • Fire Breather by Laurel
  • Style by Taylor Swift

As you can see, I have a lot of Twenty One Pilots and Black Veil Brides on here, but overall, it's a tad eclectic. This playlist sets the tone for the series, but there's one song in particular that has a lot of meaning in Eternal Curse.

Craving You by Thomas Rhett, featuring Maren Morris
This song essentially sums up Trent's feelings toward Chloe, and it fits so well with something he says to her...


“What about your heightened senses? Does that ever make it hard to… kiss me?” My face flushed, and I kept my head even with his chest, refusing to look at him.

“Hard? Yes, but not in the way you think.” He put his finger under my chin and tilted my head, his gaze piercing. “Every time I touch you or kiss you, it’s like every nerve in my body is electrified, every feeling magnified. It’s like my very skin is alive with energy.” He smiled faintly. “I crave you, Chloe, and that’s the best feeling in the world.”




You can now Pre-Order ETERNAL CURSE!

Don't forget to add it to Goodreads, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment