Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Co-Author Contest: Finalists Revealed

The Anaiah Press / Kara Leigh Miller Co-Author contest has officially ended. I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone who submitted a writing sample. All of the entries were outstanding. Some authors used flattery by referencing books of mine that they had read, some made me laugh with their reasons for wanting to work on this project, some awed me with their bios, and others appealed to my love of animals.

And I'm sure Executive Editor, Eden Plantz, is tired of hearing me go back and forth, debate the strengths of each candidate, make a choice, change my mind, debate some more. She really deserves a special thank you, too. Maybe I'll send her some cookies.... Or a gift card to Chipotle. I've heard she has an addiction...

Anyway, I know y'all don't want to hear about all of that. So, without further ado, the top 5 finalists are:

1.  Tara Creel


2.  Sarah Hannan 



3. Vincent Morrone



4. Jody Holford



5. Kate L. Mary


Congratulations!!


So, what happens now? All the finalists will receive a questionnaire. Please check your emails and if you don't have one, let me know. Once I get all the questionnaire's back, Eden and I will go through them and make a final decision. The winner will be announced no later than February 15th. Remember, if you don't win this contest, or didn't make it into the questionnaire round, I might still ask you to work on a future project with me.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who submitted. This was not an easy decision to make, and I really wish I could've chosen all of you.

3 comments:

  1. Just wondering what ever happened to this. Did I miss something in the midst of my crazy move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. After I had the chance to review the author questionnaire's, I emailed all of the finalists. I assume you didn't get the email? (Sorry. I don't know what happened.) The winner -- Jody Holford -- was announced on Twitter in early February :-)

      Delete
  2. I must have missed the email somehow. No problem! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete