Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Kara's Book Cravings: Little Monsters



Again, I found this book at 5 Below and was super intrigued. Of course, I've seen this author's books at almost every bookstore I've gone to, so I knew her name, but I've never read any of her stuff. Until now...


LITTLE MONSTERS by Kara Thomas is a wild ride! This is another YA thriller / mystery that really hit all the right notes for me. 

Told from various points of view, this book kept me guessing right to the very end. Dealing with blended families, step-families, friends, and the pressures of those relationships, this was  both emotional and shocking. Sadly, though, the "friendships" in this book are all too realistic. When you think someone is your friend but they're really not... When nasty rumors start floating around that you can't disprove...  When you think you know someone but really don't...

The twist at the end of this book was fantastic! I didn't see it coming, which is always good, but when I look back on everything, it all makes sense. 

I really liked the author's writing style, too, so I'll be reading more of her books. I have THE CHEERLEADERS on my shelf, and I'll be diving into that one soon, but I'll definitely be investing in her other books, too. 

Have you read any Kara Thomas books? 

What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment