Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Kara's Book Cravings: A Court of Mist and Fury

 


After being very pleasantly surprised by how much I loved A Court of Thorns and Roses, I immediately jumped right into the second book, A Court of Mist and Fury. 


This is one big book, coming in at over 600 pages, so it was a little intimidating at first. But then I started reading it... and I couldn't stop! I finished this entire book in 3 days flat. 

ACOMAF is definitely much better than ACOTAR, but the reason for that, in my opinion, is that we get a lot more Rhysand in this book, and he's my favorite!

We learn so much more about him and why he's so misunderstood. We also learn more about Tamlin, and as I mentioned in my last review, my suspicions about him are confirmed. He's not as great as he's portrayed in book 1. I don't hate him, and he's not really a villain, but he makes some really dumb decisions. 

Feyre, our heroine, becomes a lot stronger in this book as well, and while I find some of her reactions annoying, she's a solid character, and I like her more and more. 

The ending of this book had my jaw on the floor, though, and then I couldn't stop smiling. Maas is a master of the plot twist, and she's damn good at the enemies-to-lovers trope, too. I hope to one day be as good as she is. 

And now, I will dive into book 3, which is even longer than this one. I hope I'm not disappointed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment