Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Friday, November 20, 2020

{FUN FACTS FRIDAY}: Ann Brodeur

Fun Facts Friday is a brand new feature here on the blog where authors answer questions about their characters, and then share fun facts about themselves, and / or their books!




Today we have the lovely Ann Brodeur and her contemporary Christmas story, Snowbound in Winterberry Falls.

And I just need to take a moment to say I was blessed enough to be able to work on this book during various stages of the editing process, and it's so great! It has hidden family secrets, a bit of danger, and best of all--lots of romance!

Let’s start by learning a bit about you. Tell us who you are, where you’re from, what you write, etc.
I’m Ann Brodeur and I live in the beautiful province of Ontario in Canada with my husband and kidlets. I write inspirational romance, and for now it’s in the contemporary time line.


Welcome, Ann! We're thrilled to have you here today. So, let's get started, shall we? What's your character's favorite color?
My heroine, Stephanie loves the color red. Her scarf and mitts are knit in that color that reminds her of Christmas, her favorite fruits (strawberries and raspberries) and the color of love.

Fun Fact: My favorite color is purple. Don’t ask me why (because I don’t really know…)


Where does your character live?
My heroine Stephanie Clark, lives in Washington D.C. where she works for an online political magazine. Although, by the end of the story we see her moving north to a little town called Winterberry Falls, nestled in the Green Mountains of Vermont.

Fun Fact: When I was in high school, I studied American History. Our school trip was down to Washington D.C. and while there, just as we were heading back to our bus from exploring the Mall, there was a shooter in the Capitol building. Many of my classmates had been there moments before he entered the building (this was well before 9-11).

What does your character do for a living?
My hero and heroine are in journalism. Jason is a photojournalist and Stephanie is an investigative reporter. 

Fun Fact: I was accepted into three journalism programs for College, but I ended up studying music instead. BUT, some of my closest friends were in the journalism program so I still got to see what a sound studio looked like and got to hang out in the radio station.

What is your character's most treasured possession?
Stephanie’s most treasured item is the Bible Jason gave to her when they were in College. Twelve years have passed since they lost contact and she still carries it around with her.

Fun Fact: I don’t really have a most treasured possession. I have jewelry that means something to me because of the people who gave those pieces to me. Each piece is special in its own way.


What is your character's favorite holiday? Why? How do they celebrate it?
Stephanie’s favorite holiday is Christmas in D.C. (not in the tourist trap town she finds herself in). She attends all the big ticket Christmas galas and dinners due to her connections to a senator and her job working for the magazine. She bakes cookies, packs shoeboxes for the less fortunate and then spends Christmas Eve with her mom and dad.

Fun Fact: My favorite holidays are tied. I love Thanksgiving (it’s in October for us Canadians). It falls on the second Monday of October and that’s when the trees in Ontario are the most beautiful with the vivid oranges and reds. It’s also the last weekend for camping so we spend the holiday in our trailer, cooking on the BBQ (have you ever had turkey on the BBQ???)

Next would be Christmas because of the time we get to spend with each other. I love having a relaxing day with my husband and kids before hitting the road to visit others. I guess this year, things will be different so I’m planning ahead and trying to make the most of it.



~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~




Unwrapping their past – one secret at a time.

Owning her own PR firm is all reporter Stephanie Clark wants for Christmas, but the idea of running a prestigious election campaign in the country’s capital throws her stomach into knots. A last minute vacation road trip to focus and seek God’s direction for her life ends up in disaster when she gets caught in the worst snowstorm to hit Vermont in over a decade, crashing her into a small town and the one person she’d rather forget.

Former photojournalist Jason Miller hadn’t planned on being solely responsible for saving his family business from financial ruin. He’s barely keeping the newspaper in print, his News Editor has gone AWOL during the town’s most celebrated holiday festival, and reports of missing Christmas decorations have everyone on edge.

When a desperate knock at the newsroom door brings a ghost from Christmas past back into his life, can Jason make up for his prior behavior without breaking his promise to Stephanie’s father? Will Stephanie’s quest to solve the town’s Christmas caper—and uncover the truth about Jason’s disappearance—cost her everything she’s ever wanted? 

 







ANN BRODEUR is an award-winning novelist who writes inspirational and contemporary romances offering sweet hope and happy endings.

When she’s not reading, writing, chasing after her kids or enjoying long chats with her husband, Ann can be found drinking coffee, that’s been reheated several times throughout the day. She aspires to someday drink a hot beverage in one sitting. You can find Ann on her website, Pinterest, Amazon, Facebook, Goodreads, and BookBub.


No comments:

Post a Comment