Want a FREE book? Sign up for my newsletter!

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

{TEASER TUESDAY}: Eternal Curse -- 4 weeks until release!

 



Only 4 weeks to go before ETERNAL CURSE is out in the world! Know what that means? 

It's time for another #TeaserTuesday! 


Today, I'm going to share another excerpt from Eternal Curse. This is a scene from later in the book -- Chapter 30: Transformation-- and this is when Chloe learns how a human becomes a vampire...


He left my mouth and placed heated kisses along my jaw, and then his lips were on my neck. I held my breath, waiting for what he’d do next.

“It starts right here.” He puckered his lips against my heated, sensitive skin. “A single bite to puncture the carotid artery.”

My pulse raced, and he smiled against my neck. I didn’t see the humor of the situation. I was in a very vulnerable position, and he could end my life before I could even think about screaming for help.

“Relax, Chloe. I’m not going to hurt you.” He kissed my neck again. His hand landed on my hip, and he squeezed gently, almost like he was molding my body to fit his.

“What happens next?” I whispered, my voice raspy.

“For us, the bite is effortless. Smooth. It’s like sinking your teeth into butter.” He continued to tease my neck with tiny kisses. “But for you…” Pausing long enough to inhale, he continued. “It’s sharp and painful, like millions of bee stings. And even though you know it’s coming, you can’t really prepare for it.” His breath was warm against my neck, but I was chilled to my core. “Your body goes into shock, paralyzing you. You can’t move.” He dragged his lips to my throat, and I instinctively tilted my head back. “You can’t scream.”

He kissed the corner of my mouth, and when he didn’t kiss me fully, I pouted. He’d obviously used some of his vampire mojo on me because I wasn’t normally so needy. But currently, my body tingled with the desire to be closer to him, to have him shower me with kisses and attention. I wasn’t sure I liked feeling this way—it was too all-consuming.

“And then I drink until your heart slows.” He placed his hand over my heart.

Yeah, my heart wasn’t anywhere near slow right now. It was somewhere between a spooked racehorse and a runaway freight train.

“Just before your heart stops, you drink,” he said.

I stared at him wide-eyed. “Drink what?”

“Vampire blood is the essence of what we are. It gives us immortality, heightens our senses, heals our bodies. Keeps us warm.” He shifted so he was laying beside me on the couch. “The transformation is usually complete after a day or so, once our blood replaces your human blood.”

“That sounds… intense.” I adjusted onto my side so we were facing each other.

He draped his arm over me. “It’s quite intimate, actually.”





You can now Pre-Order ETERNAL CURSE!

Don't forget to add it to Goodreads, too! 

1 comment: